KidKit version 0.9 released on 11/13/05
- A first version of KidKit has been created by Winston Wolff in January 2005.
- This is the second version of KidKit created by Christoph Zwerschke in October 2005.
- These release notes describe the new features that have been added to the first version.
- KidKit now supports caching of compiled Kid templates in two different modes.
You can either let Kid handle the caching; in that case the compiled modules are
stored along with the Kid templates. Or you can let KidKit handle the caching; in this
case it uses the directory Cache/KidKit to store
compiled modules, optionally along with the corresponding source files.
- You can select a base class for the servlet that handles the Kid template.
You can also select the method that is replaced in order to write the output.
The default for this "hook" is
- You can also select the output method that is used by Kid to serialize the template.
- The Users's Guide and the KidKitExamples context have been amended a lot.
- Only one variable
servlet is passed to the template.
fields dictionary has to be derived as
- The Kid servlet factory is now based on the PSP servlet factory and uses
the caching mechanisms of Webware. The old version was based on a Cheetah
servlet factory that did not cache servlet classes and instances.