DBUtils 1.1 was released on August 14, 2011.
This is the seventh public release of DBUtils.
- The transparent reopening of connections is actually an undesired behavior
if it happens during database transactions. In these cases, the transaction
should fail and the error be reported back to the application instead of the
rest of the transaction being executed in a new connection and therefore in
a new transaction. Therefore DBUtils now allows suspending the transparent
reopening during transactions. All you need to do is indicate the beginning
of a transaction by calling the begin() method of the connection.
DBUtils makes sure that this method always exists, even if the database driver
does not support it.
- If the database driver supports a ping() method, then DBUtils
can use it to check whether connections are alive instead of just trying
to use the connection and reestablishing it in case it was dead. Since these
checks are done at the expense of some performance, you have exact control
when these are executed via the new ping parameter.
- PooledDB has got another new parameter reset for
controlling how connections are reset before being put back into the pool.
- Fixed propagation of error messages when the connection was lost.
- Fixed an issue with the setoutputsize() cursor method.
- Fixed some minor issues with the DBUtilsExample for Webware.