WebKit version 0.9.4 released on 07/07/07
This release contains a few improvements and fixes, and it adds some more
- New Application.config settings
- The AutoReloadingAppServer now supports not only python-fam,
but also python-gamin.
Improvements and Refinements
- Assume root path as the servlet path if the URL has been completely
rewritten by the web server.
- Added optional parameter to
getting canonical hostnames, False by default.
- Fixed the
HTTPRequest.previousURI() method and added a
- Don't install the MKBrowser context automagically. It is now part of
the default configuration where it can be removed.
- The appointment of the default context (if none was specified) was
not deterministic. When ambiguous, we now refuse the temptation to guess,
raising an error condition instead.
- Webware did not shut down cleanly when AutoReloadingAppServer or
ThreadedAppServer could not be properly initialized. The error handling
here is now much better.
- Use secure session cookies for HTTPS connections. This is configurable
with the Application.config setting
SecureSessionCookie which is True by default. (Suggested by
- Deletion of cookies could lead to problems due to a wrong cookie path
(report and fix by Adam Kerrison).
- Fixed a bug concerning servlet reuse (reported by Andrew Butash),